Our Promise To You
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN OBTAIN ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Sky Ranches, Inc., Sky Ranch Cave Springs, Inc., Sky Ranch Ute Trail, Inc. and Sky Ranch Horn Creek, Inc. (Sky Ranch) is required, by law, to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your protected health information (PHI) and to provide our participants with notice of our legal duties and privacy procedures with respect to your PHI.
Disclosure of your Health Care Information
We may disclose your health information to notify or assist in notifying a family member, or another person responsible for your care, about your medical condition in the event of an emergency or of your death.
As required by law, we may disclose your health information to the public health authorities for purposes related to: preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability; reporting child abuse or neglect; reporting domestic violence; reporting to Food and Drug Administration problems with products and reactions to medications; and reporting disease or infection exposure.
Judicial and Administrative Proceedings
We may disclose your health information in the course of any administrative or judicial proceeding.
We may disclose your health information to a law enforcement official for purposes such as identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person, complying with a court order or subpoena, and other law enforcement purposes.
It may be necessary to disclose your health information to appropriate persons in order to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a particular person or to the general public.
Specialized Government Agencies
We may disclose your health information for military, national security, prisoner and government benefit purposes.
Change of Ownership
In the event that Sky Ranch is sold or merged with another organization, your health information/record will become the property of the new owner.
Your Health Information Rights
- You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your PHI. Please be advised, however, that Sky Ranch is not required to agree to the restriction that you requested.
- Upon request you have the right to have your PHI received or communicated through an alternative method or sent to an alternative location other than the usual method of communication of delivery.
- You have the right to inspect and copy your PHI.
- You have a right to request that Sky Ranch amend your PHI. Please be advised, however, that Sky Ranch is not required to agree to amend said PHI. If your request to amend your PHI is denied, you will be provided with an explanation of denial reason(s) and information about how you can disagree with the denial.
- You have a right to receive an accounting of disclosures regarding your PHI made by Sky Ranch.
- You have a right to paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time upon request.
Changes to this Notice of Privacy Practices
Sky Ranch reserves the right to amend this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time in the future, and will make the new provisions effective and available with all information that it maintains, and the new provisions will be posted on our website at www.skyranch.org. Until such amendment is made, Sky Ranch is required by law to comply with this Notice.
Sky Ranch is required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information. If you have questions about any part of this notice or if you desire more information about your privacy rights, please contact the Privacy Officer at (903) 266-3305.
Complaints about your Privacy Rights or how Sky Ranch has handled your health information should be directed to the Privacy Officer at (903) 266-3305.
If you are not satisfied with the manner in which this office handles your complaint, you may submit a formal complaint to:
DHHS, Office of Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Room 509F HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201