Arrival & Departure
Texas: Overnight Camp
On this page you can learn about:
We have a few new steps in the Arrival process for camp this year. But don't worry, we are here to ensure your camper has the best week possible! Be sure you have downloaded the Bunk1 App and allow notifications prior to your arrival!
- Don't forget to fill out the Health Questionnaire you will receive on the Saturday before camp!
- This year, we are implementing a One Camper-to-One Parent policy for drop off.
- When you arrive (see schedule below), each person in the vehicle will have their temperature taken. Please be sure you and your camper are healthy and ready to have the best week ever! Per state regulations, if anyone in the vehicle has a fever (over 100), we will speak with you about transferring your camper(s) to another week.
- Once parked, we will help you to your cabin, where you can meet your camper's counselors and ask any questions you may have. Please Note: To minimize exposure in the cabins, parents are asked to remain on the cabin deck during this time. More details will be provided closer to your arrival.
If you have two campers in different programs, feel free to arrive at the earlier time! If you only have one camper, please arrive at the scheduled time.
- 12:15-1:00 pm: Sky 4 and Quest
- 1:00-1:45 pm: Sky 2 Last Name A-L; Young Riders/Sky Fillies*
- 1:45-2:30: Sky 2 Last Name M-Z
- 2:30-3:15: Sky 1 and Morph Last Name A-L
- 3:15-4:00: Sky 1 and Morph Last Name M-Z
- 4:00-4:45: Sky 3
*If Young Riders or Sky Fillies campers are bringing a horse, Sky Ranch Staff will be at the arena beginning at 2:00 PM to assist you. Once you have your horse settled, you will proceed to check-in on camp.
For the safety of all campers, a lice check and health questionnaire will be completed on all campers according to our policy. Don't forget your driver's license for check in! Once your camper is all settled, head to the Legacy Center to drop off meds, finalize any registration details, and visit the Corner Store and Café Sky.
We're excited to bring a new type of Closing Program to you this summer on Friday. When you come to pick up your campers, it will be a modified version of a school pick-up. Don't worry, though! Counselors will honor your camper and speak of the character qualities they saw in your camper during the week.
Please arrive at your designated time. If you have campers at both times, please arrive at the earlier slot. When you get here, we will direct you where to go to pick up your camper, their luggage, and any medications you may have dropped off for their time at camp. Don't forget to bring your Photo ID! It's REQUIRED to pick up your camper!
- 1:00 PM: Sky 1, Sky 2, Rodeo Programs
- 2:00 PM: Sky 3, Sky 4, Morph, Quest
Camper Check-Out Policy
Before you pick up your child, you will be required to show your driver’s license to their counselor and provide a signature on the check-out form. Campers will not be released to an individual for any reason without following the check-out policy. You may authorize additional people to pick up your camper in your online account under Additional Questions prior to camp, or adding them to the Check-In Form you will sign when you arrive. We cannot release a camper to anyone who is not on this list provided by you.
Lost and Found
Please label everyhing belonging to your camper prior to their arrival. The Lost and Found table will not be available on Saturday this summer, but will attempt to return everything labeled to your camper prior to their departure. After camp, we will be keeping items for 2 weeks. If your camper has lost something, please email SCAdmin@SkyRanch.org with a detailed description, and we will let you know if we have found it. After two weeks, all unclaimed items will be donated to charity. Sky Ranch cannot be responsible for lost or broken items.
The session video will be sent to you the week after you attend camp, so keep an eye on your email!