Colorado: Overnight Camps
What to Bring to Camp
- Please make sure that you clearly and boldly label all of your camper's belonging!
- Daily temperatures average about 75 degrees. Nights can dip to 30. Campers will need warm clothing for nights, as well as warm layers for mornings and evenings. Please pack enough clothing for two weeks, as there is no laundry service during the session.
|Jacket or fleece - very necessary||Western clothes|
|Rain jacket or poncho - very necessary||Hat and sunglasses|
|One-piece swimsuit for water activities||Both pants and shorts|
|Sturdy shoes for hiking||Socks, underwear, pajamas|
|Older pair of tennis shoes for daily use||T-shirts/tops: both long and short sleeves|
|Lip Balm||Night event costumes|
|Water shoes - either sandals with back straps or shoes that can get wet|
- Warm bedding - we recommend a 20 degree rated sleeping bag and a pillow
- Flashlight/Head lamp and watch
- Snacks for the bus ride and $20 for breakfast on the way up and back. You will have a Ranch Bank and meals on camp, but not on the bus.
- BIG DEAL! Please remember your Bible, a journal (spiral notebook is fine), and pen
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, etc)
- Disposable camera, stationery, and stamps
- Two towels (for shower and river) and a wash cloth
- **Water Bottle** As campers move into the mountains, drinking plenty of water will help them avoid altitude sickness. Please make sure your camper comes onto the bus with a large, full water bottle or at least two bottles of water. It is recommended to bring two if possible.
- For Sigma Seniors: Top of the World is an amazing hike and outdoor campout. Warm clothing will be very important for this. Also, bring you "My Story" wood round you started at Sigma Jr. last summer. If you have lost it, we will provide another one for you.
Care packages - One of the highlights of the Sky Ranch camping experience is receiving mail or care packages from friends and family. Sky Ranch offers the option to purchase pre-made SkyPacks for cabin delivery of your are welcome to bring your own care packages. If you plan to provide mail for your camper, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND bringing it with you to camp and our counselors will deliver it on the day you specify. Due to the mobility of Colorado campers and the delay in mailing between states, we do not recommend sending mail in the traditional manner. Please limit the size of packages to that of a shoe box.
- You are traveling by bus, so space is limited. Therefore, each camper is limited to one large duffel bag or suitcase (not to exceed 50lbs), a sleeping bag, and a carry-on backpack. NO TRUNKS, please.
- Don't buy a lot of new clothing - this is camp, and we will most likely get wet and dirty!
- Use ziplock bags to waterproof items.
- Don't send anything that you consider irreplaceable.
- Clearly and boldly label all of your camper's belongings.
- Strapless clothing, mini-skirts, or t-shirts with large cut outs are not allowed.
- All shorts must be a modest length (fingertip length) and we have a NO ROLL rule.
What NOT to Bring
|Any web-enabled devices||Wake boarding equipment|
|Tobacco products (Juul, vape, e-cig, etc.)||Pets|
|Handheld video game systems||Alcohol|
|Paintball guns or gear||Fireworks|
|Skeet shooting equipment||Bikes|
|Climbing gear||Illegal drugs|
|Personal sports equipment||Skateboards|
|Cell phones||Archery equipment|
|Computer||Weapons (including pocket knives and multi-tools)|
Any electronic device that can access the internet breaches our security policy. If discovered by a counselor, it will be collected and stored until the end of the camper's session. In addition, Sky Ranch cannot be responsible for lost or broken articles. Please do not bring anything that would break easily or cause loss if misplaced.