This position cooks and serves meals either under the direction of a manager or on their own while maintaining the highest quality possible. Complies with the State and Local Department of Health, ACA, CCI, and OSHCOM regulations and guidelines. This person exhibits competent use of food service equipment and all Food Service computer programs.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess the Following:
- Secondary education.
- Minimum of four years.
- Food handler’s certificate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate excellent cooking skills.
- Fulfill guest requests while treating them with Christ-like honor dignity and respect.
- Answer any questions about food ingredents and allergies to make the guests feel confident that they have a safe eating environment.
- Organize and complete food prep in a way that sets the next three shifts operations for success.
- Help train the hourly cooks and supervise them under the direction of a manager.
- Participate in the planning of menus and submit new menu items and ideas for review.
- Exhibit knowledge of menu portion sizing.
- Keep the kitchen manager informed of any potential problems that might be forming with other departments and help to identify solutions and understanding through positive communications.
- Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Expect to help wherever needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities In:
- Ability to exercise independent thinking while keeping your supervisor updated.
- Basic interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to take direction and accomplish goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with team members in a manner that builds mutual trust, respect, accountability and cooperation.
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to co-workers and peers.
- Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions. Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
Equipment and Property
- Cooking Eqipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination. This could include moving food and dishes on carts or by hand as well as sweeping and mopping.
- Requires some physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder, as well as walking on wet sometimes slick floors.
- Works indoors in normal kitchen environment most of the time and outdoors at other times setting up and serving specialty meals.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.