Westcliffe, CO - Sky Ranch Horn Creek
Housekeeper I will maintain the cleanliness of cabins, meeting rooms, and other facilities in a timely and efficient manner. Housekeeping supports the ministries of Sky Ranch by keeping the facilities clean and functioning. Responsibilities includecleaning public areas, guest rooms, and office space, doing camp laundry, and stocking supplies. While this is a not a position out front, our housekeeping team does gets to interact with all other staff and guests in different locations throughout each day.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- High school degree preferred.
- Zero to two years’ experience in housekeeping preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This person is responsible to serve the camp in a number of operational and logistical capacities so that the camp can be more effective. This includes:
- Work with a team member (or alone) to complete all scheduled tasks.
- Lead Fellows in assigned cleaning projects.
- Clean all offices, cabins, and public areas and restrooms, as well as sweeping/mopping and/or vacuuming. floors, picking up trash, restocking/refilling supplies.
- Lead rodent exclusion policy.
- Keep up with laundry, fold all linens properly, and keep the work space clean and neat.
- Use carpet cleaner machine on stains throughout camp.
- Report to supervisor any uncompleted tasks.
- Turn in all lost and found items to Retreat Coordinator.
- Assist in training Fellows and summer staff in cleaning procedures and maintaining set standards.
- Assist with other camp duties as needed. This includes but is not limited to:
- Be able to troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance repairs.
- Arrive on time to meetings, meals, activities, and events.
- Take directions from managers and any full-time staff of Sky Ranch in a prompt and respectful manner.
- Serve all guests and fellow staff in such a manner that reflects our desire to serve them and honor Christ.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities In:
- Ability to interact with management and team members.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated
- Detail awareness and ability to accomplish tasks are necessary
- Driver’s license recommended
- Knowledge of workplace housekeeping procedures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Some physical effort required. Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force routinely, and/or up to 40 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
Will involve much physical effort, including bending, stooping, climbing ladders/bunks, carrying supplies.
Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination including: wiping, mopping, and sweeping.
- Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
- Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
- Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
- Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.