Grounds Keeper I
Grounds Keeper I
The Grounds Keeper I supports the Grounds Manager in overseeing the physical care, maintenance, and appearance of the camp property. This position helps exceed guest expectations of the overall maintenance, cleanliness, ambiance and beauty of the campsite.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Be a committed believer in Jesus Christ, with active membership in a local church.
- High school degree preferred.
- Zero to two years of experience in grounds and maintenance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preventative maintenance and upkeep of all grounds areas of camp, maintaining a clean, desirable, healthy and safe landscape.
- Maintain grounds and upkeep the overall look and feel of the property. This includes, but is not limited to building fences, mowing, planting, fertilizing, cleaning, trimming, weeding and cutting.
Skills and Abilities In:
- Good interpersonal skills that consistently demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
- Ability to work with team members in a manner that builds mutual trust, respect, accountability, and cooperation.
- Ability to exercise basic critical thinking skills, and take appropriate level of initiative.
- Ability to maintain equipment and vehicles, record information, and to follow a preventative maintenance program.
- Ability to understand basic English. Professional and accurate communication with others.
- Ability to communicate the mission and vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Works outdoors majority of the time, exposed to the seasonal weather elements.
- Physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry, or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination, including lifting and pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects.
- Requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under items and in tight spaces or on the ground; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder. Must be able to access all parts of buidlings from roofs, attics, crawlspaces, etc.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.