The role of the Fleet Assistant is to perform assigned duties to assist and support the Fleet Department in the maintenance and repair of all types of fleet vehicles and equipment owned by Sky Ranch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in mechanical and fabrication operations.
- Work on golf carts, mules, trucks, cars, boats, tractors, lawn mowers and trailers.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electronic systems under the supervision of Fleet and Maintenance leadership as assigned.
- Provide constructive feedback to support the maintenance strategy of equipment.
- Assist in the design and repair of components for improved performance.
- Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Be a committed believer in Jesus Christ, with an active membership in a local church.
- Two years of experience in a mechanical field.
- High School degree required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills, encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English.
- Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail.
- Excellent listening skills.Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
- In-depth understanding and advanced knowledge of all mechanical systems relevant to the Sky Ranch fleet.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry, or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.