Executive Camp Director
Executive Camp Director
Westcliffe, CO - Sky Ranch Horn Creek
This position will serve as the site-specific Camp Director for Sky Ranch Horn Creek, leading all camp operations and ministries. The Executive Camp Director manages onsite staff and collaborates with the Global Leadership Team to ensure the highest levels of safety, execute excellent ministry programs, maximize guest satisfaction, and maintain financial sustainability. This includes oversight of the operational calendar, leading and developing staff, engaging in guest relations, annual budgeting / forecasting, and championing strong communication. This position also has day-to-day responsibility for implementing and directing all facets of the site’s ministry programs, including alignment with Sky Ranch’s mission, vision, and values. The Executive Camp Director will lead in working toward compliance with the ACA accreditation program for the camp.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Be a committed believer in Jesus Christ, with active membership in a local church.
- Five years of camp management experience including financial responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and refine the strategic plan and lead the general operations for the camp, which includes managing the logistics, calendars, and operations of ALL programs at the camp.
- Manage the full budget for the camp, including financial reports as needed.
- Provide year-round facility support, including permits, contracts, budgets, PO’s, reporting, openings/closings, and infrastructure (water-water, potable water, utilities, etc.)
- Ensure that the camp activities and operations are safe and operable.
- Ensure facilities are ready and staffed for all retreat hosting.
- Oversee the retail store and manager job duties, and oversee their execution of seasonal retail duties.
- Oversee both the development of and the day to day execution of camp specific programs to ensure that ministry programs, activities, and operations are safe, operable, and staffed.
- Provide spiritual leadership for program managers; serve as a resource for their ministry programs and work toward developing them as spiritual leaders.
- Work with risk management and Sky Ranch Staff to ensure excellence in standards defined by our industry and internal policies and procedures.
- Hire and train staff. Provide direction and supervision of direct reports and all staff; provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives; monitor, evaluate, and provide constructive feedback and direction to direct reports; conduct annual performance and ongoing evaluation.
- Provide spiritual leadership for the entire staff and guest community.
- Participate in development and execution of Sky Ranch’s vision and strategic objectives as a member of the Global Leadership Team.
Skills and Abilities In:
- Ability to effectively manage staff in areas such as: selection, development, coaching, motivation, scheduling, and performance evaluation.
- Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
- Ability to hire, train and motivate team members.
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and families), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers, peers, and board members.
- Proven successful leadership experience; ability to build unity amongst a team and motivate them to work together toward a common mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills. Ability to plan, manage, and report budgets proficiently. Financial management skills.
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or retreats as required.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
- Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
- In-depth understanding of camp management.
- Knowledgeable of innovative and successful camp and retreat programs.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Basic internet and social media skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Very limited physical effort required during non-summer months. Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Summer months may require ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Requires basic physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under equipment; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.