Development and Database Specialist
Development and Database Specialist
The Development and Database Specialist will be responsible for maintaining and processing donor gift and data records, acknowledging receipt letters, implementing recognition and stewardship programs and assisting with all fundraising activities and events as needed.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years Administrative experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and update the donor data records.
- Maintains Wealth Screening database, including updating data on annual basis, preparing reports, and screenings on individuals.
- Assists in preparing for special meetings, including but not limited to, ordering supplies and setting up catering, gifts etc.
- Assistance with delivering and picking up materials throughout the year including but not limited to picking up donation items, delivering gifts, etc.
- Participate in Development meetings and training as required.
- Prepare and proofread statistical reports, letters, invoices, and correspondence accurately and timely.
- Maintain electronic filing system of donations.
- Oversee inventory for the Development Department (gifts, supplies, etc.)
- Oversee Stewardship Gifts and Donor Thank You Letters
- Manage the engraving process for the Prayer Walkway and Staff Legacy Walkway.
- Solicit and manage process of all In-Kind donations for the Cowboys & Cowboys Gala.
- Play a key role in the annual Cowboys and Cowboys Gala
- Assist with all Appeals through creating content, proofreading, mailing correspondence, follow up, etc.
- Assist with developing social media and website strategy for the Development Department.
- Answer phones promptly, take accurate messages, and handle calls appropriately. Respond to requests for information timely including answering questions about program services.
- Send year-end tax receipts.
- Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities In:
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping is preferred.
- Must have knowledge and evidence of extensive data entry, database development, management, and report writing.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher and Access.
- Knowledge of donor management software preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include co-workers, peers, and board members.
- Ability to plan, manage, and report financial information proficiently.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skill required.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
- Excellent professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate the vision and values of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- No or very limited physical effort required. Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
- Works indoors in normal office environment majority of the time.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional evening and weekend work.
- Ability to travel by car to Sky Ranch in Van, TX for special meetings during the week and to help implement the summer appeal and cultivate donor relationships on weekends.
- Ability to work overtime, including weeknights and weekends.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.