Cave Springs Grounds Keeper
Cave Springs Grounds Keeper
Quapaw, Oklahoma- Sky Ranch Cave Springs
The Grounds Keeper II supports the Grounds Manager in overseeing the physical care, maintenance, and appearance of the camp property. This position helps exceed guest expectations of the overall maintenance, cleanliness, ambiance and beauty of the campsite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preventative maintenance and upkeep of all grounds areas of camp, maintaining a clean, desirable, healthy and safe landscape.
- Maintain grounds and upkeep the overall look and feel of the property. This includes, but is not limited to building fences, mowing, planting, fertilizing, cleaning, trimming, weeding and cutting.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- High school degree preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in grounds or maintenance.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills that consistently demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
- Ability to work with team members in a manner that builds mutual trust, respect, accountability, and cooperation.
- Ability to exercise basic critical thinking skills and take appropriate level of initiative.
- Ability to maintain equipment and vehicles, record information, and to follow a preventative maintenance program.
- Ability to understand basic English. Professional and accurate communication with others.
- Ability to communicate the mission and vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of tools, methods, operations, and materials used in grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge and skill in carpentry, painting and staining, remodeling, etc.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Works outdoors majority of the time, exposed to the seasonal weather elements.
- Physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry, or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination, including lifting and pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects.
- Requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under items and in tight spaces or on the ground; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder. Must be able to access all parts of buidlings from roofs, attics, crawlspaces, etc.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.