Alumni Relations Coordinator
Alumni Relations Coordinator
The primary function of the Alumni Relations Coordinator is to foster a spirit of loyalty that ministers to alumni through strengthening the ties between alumni campers and staff as well as the communities that Sky Ranch serves. The Alumni Relations Coordinator will be responsible for developing and executing a plan to build a strong alumni database of campers and summer staff, establish the cultivation strategy utilizing technology/social media (i.e. annual 5-10 “touch” plan), and institute a measurement methodology. They will also be responsible for reestablishing connection with existing Sky Ranch alumni and providing annual education on the State of Sky (keeping them up to date with what is happening at Sky Ranch), establishing connection with future campers among alumni families and further cultivating relationships for development. The Alumni Relations Coordinator will foremost work toward the Sky Ranch mission of Leading Youth and Families to Know and Follow Christ.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- College degree required
- Minimum 3 years work experience related field preferred
- Alumni camper and counselor preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an Alumni Plan consisting of:
- Marketing/Communications plan
- Strategy to locate alumni
- Strategy to acquire contact information for recent alumni not already stored in Circuitree.
- Strategy to update and keep current contact information on all alumni
- Management of database strategy
- Summer strategy – alumni acquisition, recognition in closing ceremonies, perhaps a section reserved for alumni, gift, etc.
- Non-summer months
- Development/Fundraising component
- Social Media
- Build a strong alumni database of campers and summer staff
- Develop strategy to utilize social media/technology
- Institute a measurement methodology
- Event organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities In:
- Knowledge of general office and telephone protocol
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher and Access), presentation software and customer database systems
- Proficient and active on social media and online networking tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional evenings and weekends during the summer
- Subscribe to the utmost level of professionalism
- Effective communicator across all mediums
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills
- High-energy dynamic leader that enjoys connecting relationally with others of all ages, life experiences, and backgrounds.
- Proven self-starter, self-managed, driven to succeed.
- Proven track record
- Proven ability to develop and execute a plan
- Must be visionary and people-oriented
- Proven ability to connect people together and foster a community that meets real needs
- Must establish and maintain professional working relationships with employees, managers and external constituents, including demonstrating consistent Speed of Trust behaviors
- Possess current driver’s license and able to drive company vehicles as needed
- Social media experience
- Alumni, board members, guests, and vendors
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Little to no effort required. Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination
Works indoors in normal office environment majority of the time (Dallas, TX)
Ability to travel to East Texas at least twice a month (Van, TX)
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.