Cave Springs, OK
Quapaw, OK – Sky Ranch Cave Springs
The Activities Facilitator I supports the ministries of Sky Ranch by providing an excellent experience for retreat guests participating in Cave Springs Sky Ranch activities. This person helps to exceed guest expectations through excellent customer service and a quality, safe environment.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- No minimum required.
- Previous ropes course, lifeguard, and/or activities experience preferred, but not required. No previous experience required.
- Activity specific training and certifications provided (eg CPR/First Aid, lifeguarding, ropes)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate guest activities according to Sky Ranch values, policies, procedures, and all safety requirements.This includes but is not limited to:
- Report any faulty activity equipment.
- Go over all rules and safety precautions at the beginning of every activity period.
- Conduct self in a professional manner.
- Arrive to assigned activity and prepared for guests in a timely manner.
- Properly execute all Emergency Plans when needed.
- Call the correct personnel when an incident happens and carry out Sky Ranches, Inc. policy for the particular incident.
- Take directions from full-time staff of Sky Ranches, Inc. in a prompt and respectful manner.
- Provide timely feedback to Activities management team if you observe staff that are not meeting performance and customer service expectations.
- Execute opening/shutdown procedures properly.
- Report unsafe conditions or work that creates a safety issue to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and ACA regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Retreat Coordinators on duty.
Knowlege of and Skills and Abilities in:
- Basic working knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to customers (students and parents), co-workers, peers, and board members.
- Ability to work well individually and as a team member. Ability to work with team members in a manner that builds mutual trust, respect, accountability and cooperation.
- Good interpersonal skills that consistently demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
- Ability to exercise basic critical thinking skills and take appropriate level of initiative.
- Adaptable and able to remain calm during times of serving many guests at once. Ability to speak, read, and write in English. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; good listening skills.
- Ability to communicate the mission and vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
- Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
- Certain water activities require an ability to swim both short and long distances.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.