The Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall accounting operations at Sky Ranch. Responsibilities include preparing financial statements; reviewing work prepared by staff; preparing and maintaining complex calculations; assisting accounting staff on complex reconciliations and financial analysis; ensuring internal controls and policies in financial reporting mechanisms to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements; completing special projects; and assisting the Director of Finance with the financial analysis, budget and forecast preparation. This position will require a minimum of 1 day per month of travel to our Dallas office.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess the Following:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Accountancy or Business equivalent
- Six or more years of experience in the accounting and finance function (accounting, budgeting, control and reporting).
- At least three years of management experience with direct reports
- CPA required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage accounts payable, payroll and accounting staff.
- Provide direction and supervision to direct reports; provide professional growth and development; communicate goals and objectives; monitor, evaluate, and provide constructive feedback and direction to direct reports; conduct annual performance and ongoing evaluation.
- Oversee, perform and/or review complex accounting topics and entries, treasury items, and the monthly close process.
Provide accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with overseeing the annual audits and tax work and preparation
- Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, auditors, foundation executives, etc.
- Document and develop policies & procedures to reduce risk of misappropriation of ministry assets and increase accuracy of financial results under direction of the Director of Finance.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations.
- Develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships with all other Sky Ranch departments.
- Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities In:
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Understanding of accounting software (Intacct, Nexonia, ADP or Adaptive is a plus)
Ability to effectively manage staff in areas such as: selection, development, coaching, motivation, scheduling, and performance evaluation.
- Excellent leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include co-workers, peers, leaders and executives.
- Ability to plan, manage, and report budgets proficiently.
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or retreats as required.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to prepare complex reports and analysis.
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
- Excellent, professional written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
- Professionalism in the workplace to include professional and accurate communication with others.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Little to no physical effort required. Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Requires some physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
- Works indoors in normal office environment majority of the time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
- Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
- Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
- Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.